Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It started with one table.

I invited everyone to dinner after the conference. A casual invitation - I've been super busy with work and didn't have time to plan a birthday party out the way I would have wanted to so I entered the night with no expectations. Wow. My friends are wonderful.




It started with one table. I sat down and almost immediately they had to combine the first table with another. Then, John Kuo and Monica helped to move more tables together. No bigs. But where was the cake? I was disappointed but then I reminded myself that I had lowered my standards. Fine.

I practiced my bitch face a little bit and drank more tequila. It's amazing how in one day I can look so much older than the last. (Actually, I hope I look like I'm 21 forever.) So everyone settled up and then I wanted to start heading toward the river. Yunxian is located right on the Mekong River and there are some new bars open that I wanted to perhaps explore. But Monica had other ideas.
I'm young here!















Let's go get a yogurt, she said. I held a bottle of tequila in my hands and shrugged. Why not? Some lime juice might make a great margarita. I stood around and took several photos before Monica invited Axel back to her hotel room to pre-game. I was confused. She spoke as though I was already a part of the plans, but I shrugged and started moving toward my favorite room in Yunxian.


I excitedly asked Monica if she was staying my room, one I've nicknamed, the penthouse. She laughed and when she opened the door, I was greeted with this:

ALL TFC fellows. ALL people I love!!! I was so pleased! Thank you, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin