Sunday, July 29, 2012

Getting back on the post train!

I'm been terrible about posting new things on my blog because I've been terrible about technology. Since returning to America, I've spent several days using only my Kindle and Google Voice forwarding ability to connect with my friends. You text me, it forwards to Googvoice, it forwards to my email, I check it frequently using my unlimited lifetime free 3G on my Kindle, which I'm using as my email device, my text device, and my book device, where I'm reading three books at the same time. It was complicated.

Now, I have a smartphone. It's 2012. It's my first smartphone and frankly, I'm worried that it's going to make me dumb! First of all, I don't know how to use all the features a smartphone has to offer yet, BUT I WILL. Don't worry. I've downloaded a lot of stuff, some stuff which is useful, a lot of stuff which may be useless. I'm addicted to Fruit Ninja, which before today, I've called - Ninja fruits, that fruity slashy game, "please can I play it on your ipad/iphone, you know that game I like, the one that isn't cut the rope" - I spent several minutes playing and finally had to stop when my phone ran out of battery. Now, I never have to wonder about things, I can always look them up. I never have to have any sense of direction because Googmaps can tell me where to go and frankly, I'm glad that I have a smartphone, but I'm also glad that I haven't had one up to this point.

I'm a slave to the phone now and I hate it. Why does the battery on my HTC Amaze deplete so quickly? How do I save battery while constantly being online? Suddenly it makes sense why there are so so so many charging stations at airports. I didn't get it but now I do.

I've added a Twitter sidebar to my blogspot, you should be able to see it on the top right corner. I've also joined Instagram, so now you can not only see the photos that I spend time editing but now you can click on stuff that I'm seeing, as I'm seeing it. Oh, technology, great and evil, all at the same time.

I don't know how put together this post is.. but have an instagram of me and my friend Billy, who I haven't seen in about 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin