Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another edition of: my kids are so poor that...

They play with giant beetles. 

Today, on my way to lunch, I passed three of my kids playing with a dark something in their hands. I stopped to pass them and was horrified at what I saw. In Chandler's hand was a giant beetle. Big. Really big!

And, across the thorax was a red X that was actually a red string that they had tied around the beetle to distinguish it from its friend. I asked them what they did with all the beetles, Fred responded, "We make them snatch things."

Horrifying. Every prank made by children in movies came to my mind as I realized that I had to pass them. As I walked passed them, I feared that they would drop the beetle down my shirt. 

Dear children, one day, I hope you get toys soon.

Love,
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin