Wednesday, June 1, 2011

There's a bunny on the bus!

Lately, whenever Phoebe and I try to leave town, we have to wait a requisite 30 to 40 mins before the bus even starts. Most of the time, we read, we talk, and we mutually groan about the lack of timeliness of the Chinese bus system. This day, I think it was two weeks ago, we were waiting and as we were walking down the hill and I noticed a first grader following us. Somehow, her face always reminds me of a bunny and she is an unabashed starer as well.

A bunny starer. So, Bunny, as I like to call her, she was stealthily following us down the hill from our house, through town, around the corner to the bus and finally, she stood on the narrow platform peeking in on Phoebe and I as we sat, waiting for the bus to start.

When I made eye contact with her, she started to giggle, soon enough she gained enough courage to play peek-a-boo with me from outside of the bus. Laughing, she ran to the other side of the bus and Phoebe and I watched as she waved to us. In a moment that is so good that it has to be true, Bunny ran out of our line of vision and then returned with a large sheet of lettuce. A Bunny with lettuce!!! She waved it at us like a fan and laughed, running around the path. 

Hilarious. Somehow she lost the the lettuce, sat in another villager's house, watched TV for about 15 mins before she got even more guts to get on the bus, where I pulled out my camera and started taking pictures of her. 

Bunny and I are friends now. Right before the bus started, she had been sitting in the seat behind Phoebe and me, poking me through the crack between the seats.  When she got off, she waved good bye :) I love bunnies and Bunny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin