Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back to School... Back to School

Today is the first day that I start teaching my seventh graders. I start in an hour.

First of all, I can't believe it's March. I got back to China in February and so far it's been much better than I thought. Although, I did forget a few things about my placement -

1. The altitude - the first day I got back to Shaojie, headaches and vertigo!
2. The lack of insulation - how it feels inside is how it is outside, no need to brace for outside temps because they are the same!
3. The bathroom is not connect en suite to my room - this has been disappointing to me for the past 3 mornings when I wake up and realize that I need to get dressed, walk down stairs (this is hard on my weak legs), past the 10 hens and 2 roosters to pee. I HATE YOU, rooster for announcing the morning in my face.
4. The vastness of my wardrobe and how awesome it is. I have a lot of clothes. MWAHAHA.
5. The cuteness of my 5th graders
6. The freshness of the available food - not much, but what's there - :) I can't wait for the pomegranates!
7. The weather. It's gorgeous.


Speaking of the weather..... we returned a few days early back to Kunming, where we convened all together as fellows, we got tips on being inspirational, phenomenal teachers and also, we made KITES! I don't know about you, but I've always associated kites with Mary Poppins and the 19th century. I'd love to tell you that my kite was a beautiful high flyer but let's not lie.... it got pretty roughed up.

It's going to be a marvelous March. Stay tuned for some back blogging!

1 comment:

  1. can we talk about that cutie dress and where you got it? kthanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin