Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tokyo Meat and Greet

I have two good friends in Tokyo, Keiko Iida and Yasuyuki Goto, both of who I met in Beijing - in 2007.

First of all, I just gave away a bit of how old I am, and I can't believe that I've been friends with these people for so long. As part of my journey back to America, I flew from Taipei to Tokyo for a busy busy weekend in one of the most crowded and expensive cities in the world. Thanks Keiko and Yasu for showing me an amazing time.

First, to introduce my friends -

Keiko! 
and
Yasu and me
The first thing that Yasu did was take me out to dinner at the Kill Bill restaurant, where apparently the restaurant was the inspiration of the Kill Bill Vol 1 set - I don't remember but everyone likes violence and destruction in an otherwise idyllic setting. :) Here, after I had explained to Yasu my lack of protein, we had a meat and wheat festival.

  
From top left rotated into a circle: fried chicken, fried shrimp, tofu, beef tartare, fried tempura shrimp, meat ball, fish, and fresh soba. Booya. 

From there we met up with Keiko, who later took me a beautiful artsy bar with a cute side door that I banged my head on and nearly passed out on the tiny bar floor.....

The bartender was a piece of art himself. AND he was capable of making beautiful artful food. Please behold: fresh smoked salmon on toast with dill. I didn't even realize that I missed dill until that moment.

After fresh Gin and Tonics,  - OH I'M SORRY - did you think this food odyssey was over? Keiko, Naoya, and I went to Denny's of Tokyo. I specify of Tokyo because of Denny's of America had a menu like this, tears would spring thine eyes.


I ordered something. I couldn't stop myself.

Food odyssey for the day, finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin