Tuesday, September 6, 2011

If you want to read about what it's like being a teacher....

read about some new teacher's experiences here:

http://wyattinasia.com/
http://bamboochute.wordpress.com/
http://caitlindoestfc.wordpress.com/

What is like for me? Well, today was the second day of school. I have been strict. I have been clear in telling my students what I want and together, this year, we are going to be the best English students that Shaojie has EVER seen.

Since coming back to school, I realized that my entire bed was covered in mold. I stripped off my beautiful sheets and has since begun an intimate new relationship with the dry cleaners an hour away. She was embarrassed to wash my red bra. But she now knows I have three sets of sheets, 2 duvets, and 4 pillow cases. I know now that I don't ever have to wash my clothes if I'm willing to bus my clothes an hour each way, and pay for it. ( I will be considering this idea strongly this winter!)

I've attended a ton of meetings with local teachers and Phoebe and I have two new Chinese fellows working with us! (Pictures to come very soon!) They're awesome. One is named Wang Jingxin, the other Tangyufei. Tangyufei has moved into my old room and I'm just amazed at how much larger it looks now that all my things have been moved out of it... incredible. Less things.. more room. BREAKTHROUGH.


I bought a shoe rack the other day and I can proudly say that most of shoes fit on this rack with the exception of cowboy boots, Uggs, and my flips. Here is random picture of it that I just took while sitting in my bed. I hope you are enjoying my stream on consciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin