Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Toiletries that I use that I suspect you can only buy in Asia

When I was in Kunming, I went to Watson's, my favorite neighborhood drugstore in Asia. Here, I bought a Bourjois blush, hand and foot moisturizer, two things of olive oil for my body, a thing of roll on deodorant, a bottle of Korean soda water that tastes like Calpis and this:

denti...what?
Watson's brand Whitening Dentifrice. I did not misspell. When I first looked at it, I wondered if it was whitening gum, which I'm always totally down for. I asked the attendant and she was like... no, it's a powder for your teeth. I asked for more clarification. I'm supposed to dip my toothbrush and brush.

Hmm, SOLD. I bought it, I dipped my toothbrush in it and started brushing. Powder toothpaste. Interesting idea... that if I'm not mistaken, people in the Victorian Era brushed their teeth using this method. So, is this cool because

a) it's different
b) it looks like it should have been gum
c) I've never used anything like it before because anything of its kind has been extinct for at least 50 years
d) I want whiter teeth.
e) I can totally imagine George Washington brushing his wooden dentures with this stuff.

Answer: ALL OF THE ABOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin