Tuesday, July 7, 2009

72K

BAM. I'm on a plane and my seat is 72K. I thought that it would be in the very back of coach next to the bathrooms. I had never been seated so far back before in my life - until now. It is an amazing seat and let me tell you why. It is the UPPER DECK BUSINESS ELITE SEAT!!!! Readers of my blog, I have had an incredible 3 weeks of traveling all throughout China. I don't even know where to begin.... except perhaps where I left off.

After leaving Beijing, I went to Taipei, with a 5 hour stop over in Tokyo. I sat, read, and blogged while eavesdropping on the dirge of America. Taipei was a very short 2.5 day trip, but just long enough to get my hair washed twice, get two massages, and go to Shin Yeh for the ultimate delicious buffet. I didn't see any family except my aunt and my grandmother, my grandmother being the most important. 

Up until this point in my life, I had no idea that the dumplings in Taipei were so delicious. I had a view guotie after getting there, then I went to this dumpling  restaurant next to my grandmother's apartment in Tianmu. INCROYABLE.

Better than DTF (Din Tai Fung!), the meat was a sumptious pleasure of flavor that only Taiwan can create.

I bought 5 pairs of shoes here.. and some Jill Stuart make up that I later introduced to Flora, who was the most gracious and brilliant host in Hong Kong... which is next. 

I ate the sweetest, juiciest fruit in Taipei - I thought it had been soaked in syrup. Apparently, Taiwan has created some cross hybrids of fruits that make them bigger and better than anything I've had that I can recall.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin