Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some of my clothes still smell like Taipei


and it's a good thing. Taipei clothes has a certain smell, it's a combination of the musty humidity and sulfur along with the homeyness of my grandmother's house. Home doesn't have to smell great! I'm in the middle of doing laundry and soon all my clothes will be the same. I have a hard time believing that I've been gone for three weeks.

I'm back in the States and it feels like I never left.

Being in China these past few weeks made me face reality. I saw the places that I had gone in the past and realized that I no longer fit. I'm not a student anymore, I don't belong in bars where the average age is 21 because I'm not longer that age. What happened in the past stays there. I'm glad that I went and saw how everything has changed.

So..What's next? I've passed the first portion of the Foreign Service Exam. I have 5 essays to write in the next 2 weeks. I'm taking the LSAT again. I'm moving to DC.

1 comment:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin