Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Latrine Cuisine

Following articles in the Times and in Time, I made sure to stop by Modern Toilet when I was in Taipei.

This is the branch closest to my aunt's house in Shilin Night Market. It's filled with excrement like goodies with a creative slant as to what food should look like. For those that subscribe to the idea that all food is that same since it all goes to the same place, this MIGHT be the place for you.

There's a $3 minimum which my cheap aunt bristled at, as it was right before closing time and the only things that were available to order were shaved ice. I took a few quick photos, although I heard that the cuisine is actually a bit too similar to shit. A pity, but I'm glad that I didn't waste the calories. Here are some shots of the entrance and interior. Cool. It was definitely worth the 4 minute visit.You sit on these to eat. They don't connect to water, so don't get any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin