Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cycling to the sea

I was welcomed the morning of the eve of my birthday with a special present purchased and brought from Maolan from Lucas Myerson. I knew when my eyes rested upon it that, 1) it was beautiful, 2) I would be wearing it all day while cycling.

Feast your eyes on this.

My God. What is it?

Why, it's a multi-functional visor with sunglasses and fan built in. You see that switch on the top from the top picture? That lowers the sunglasses.
With gusto and enthusiasm, our entire group embarked on a journey to the lake that is a pretty ride from Old Dali. At first, we marveled at how cheap our bike rentals were, 15 kuai = ca. 2 USD! Too bad within 15 mins, we were cursing the cheap ass bikes that we had rented…

An all too familiar sight!

 At this point, our group split into two, Tom and Gareth going ahead (later getting lost for hours, with great results, I'll link to Tom's blog later) and Phoebe and I joining Lucas on getting another bike.

Phoebe waiting for Lucas
Soon, we were on our way and eventually, after asking many a stranger, and following many a German - we found Erhai!


Carefree children!

Paradisio!  
Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin