Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dali, not Salvador

 A city that's roughly 7 hours bus ride away from where I live, Dali was definitely a pleasant change of pace from my village lifestyle. When we were told last minute that we had three days off for Mid-Autumn festivus, Feebs and I jumped on the next bus into town and rolled into Dali, a night earlier and a night later than every one else. In that span of time, Phoebe and I ate some incredible cheese, meats, and breads.. and we switched hotels all four nights of the trip. The first night, we stayed at a bar that was also a hostel. The second, the Four Seasons... Hostel. The third, I splurged and got a room at the local five star hotel, and for the fourth, it was back to the Four Seasons. You know me. I like variety and I like the best.

Notable mentions on Dali, there's a famous lake there - Erhai Lake, that's what you're looking at. Dali is also the pot capital of China. Nothing makes you feel more welcomed than an old unassuming Chinese woman muttering, "Ganja?" to your white friends as you're walking down the street. Good to know that I don't look cool enough to be solicited for drugs. Dali is full of Germans and none of them hot. Sad. Bad men, good bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin