Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's market day in the 'ville!


Every six days, every store in the village opens and people peddle their wares. All the other days, the village is like a ghost town with everything shuttered! I don't see how this is an economically sound plan, but hey, when in China. This post is mostly pictures because markets are beautiful and colorful!

You'd think that maybe I would get used to market day now but today was in for a shock. Like many a market day, I walk down the hill and notice the hustle and bustle of the market. The mountains in the background always make me happy.

Knit shoes. Interesting. Never say never.

Our landlady runs the yarn stand. Maybe this winter I'll take up knitting? On the stand on the right, fruits.


On the floor to the left, peppers and squash! All home grown.


It was the stand on the left that was horrifying to behold. I already don't approve of the way Chinese people sell meat, aka, sold in the open on the side of the road, but a long glance had me doing a double take.


Uncurl your lip right now, that's totally a chopped off pig's face. RAWR :( The horror.

I'm sorry. 
AAAAAAAACK. Shortly thereafter, I ran back up the hill in horror. You have to admit, that face was definitely picture-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin