Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Raisin Bread Rule

Two weeks ago, I discovered that the closest city within an hour, Yunxian, sells bread. Not real french bread or rye, but white toast like bread. It was never convenient to buy it. My mountain makes all things mold and mildew, so I wanted to be able to eat my bread within a week's time. Since this week is midterms, I'm obligated to stay in on Friday, which means, another opportunity to eat this bread. Wednesday, on the day that I bought Vogue, I also remembered to buy a loaf of bread. Usually, it's white. This time, somehow, it had raisins. 

I grumbled to Phoebe about how I hate grapes and grape bread before she stopped me. "Christine, do you mean raisins?" I didn't stop. Obvs she knew what I meant. I'm losing my mind! Anyway... so now I have raisin bread! ...and with new things, come new rules.

This morning, Phoebe asked me if she could have a slice, and that's when the Raisin Bread Rule was enacted. I hate raisins. Phoebe wants to eat my raisin bread. For every piece of bread eaten by Phoebe, Phoebe must eat the raisins off of three additional slices of bread. Why 1:3? 

Phoebe good at following rules!
Well, first of all, there are a lot of raisins. If Phoebe eats just two pieces, I have six pieces of raisin free bread to make three sandwiches. It doesn't really make sense. Rules often don't. 

P.S. I'm not torturing Phoebe. Raisins are sweet and so is Phoebe. Phoebe likes eating sweet things. Today she ate a lot less candy because she ate all the raisins from my loaf of bread. Sugar, but natural sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin