Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! The Babysitter's Club is back!

When I woke up this morning to find breakfast in bed, I knew that 2010 had started off on the right foot. Instead of hovering over a toilet, popping Advil, begging for water, chugging Gatorade and dreading the photos on my digital camera.. I woke up in a warm bed and breakfast of toast, Canadian bacon, and a California omelet of avocado, tomato and Gruyere cheese.

Smiling, I thought back to this blog and an entry that I hadn't had the chance yet to post. Yesterday, whilst I was working on New Year's Eve, I noticed upon a quick entry in NYmag and the Times. Apparently the Babysitters Club series is being revamped, repackaged, and brought back!



I hate to admit it, but I think I might have read all of them as a young girl. My elementary school teachers had large stocks of them and I read all of them in class, out of sheer boredom. It bothered me that Ann M. Martin wasn't a real woman. But not enough to stop loving Marianne, Logan, and most of all Claudia.

Claudia, in my young mind, was all that was cool. I thought of Claudia as I ate an illicitly hidden piece of junk food - my favorite, Little Debbie's nutty buddy! I thought of Claudia as I slipped on my white stirrup tights, mint green converses and corresponding baggy t-shirt at the age of 10. Fashion-wise, I always admired her, and apparently so did a girl named Kim, from Amherst, Mass. She started a blog and it is pure genius:

check it:




She was an artist and her baby sitting kit had a ton of art supplies. Basically, I wanted to be her.

... and now they'll be back and although I'm waxing poetic of their return, I will not be contributing to the books by buying them, just passing the word along! Nostalgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin