Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pat Dilemma

So there's a Pat in my office. You know what a Pat is right? Well, actually my HR coordinator's name is Pat and that was a point of contention when I was hired, because I didn't know how to address him/her in emails. Fortunately, she turned out to be clearly a woman.

This other Pat, a Pat being a person of ambiguous sex, could have been a woman with really butch cut hair and a masculine taste in clothing or a man with slightly feminine features and breasts. At my office where I know no one, either one is possible. Alas, I've not been in much contact with this Pat but still one always wonders about those Pats.

For example, as a lot of older ladies get older, their sex becomes more and more ambiguous, come the growth of facial hairs.

THE POINT OF THIS POST IS THAT today, I discovered the identity of a Pat! It's sad when you need to see an exit from the restroom to find out his/her sex, but I do now know that the Pat in question is a Patricia. I thought I would share that with you.


I want to show you someone who qualifies as a Pat in my mind, but I don't think I can without being cruel. So here's Pat Sajak, a definitive Pat, specifically Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin