Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Limited Blogging from now until February 15

My dearest readers, it's been a while since I've felt like I've been able to soundly compose something simple and not completely frivilous... frivalous...FRIVOLOUS. Now, there will be even less of an opportunity to do so as I am currently typing from my baby netbook at 5 am in the morning. I am not be able to access the amount of images that I normally do on my everyday computer, so most of this will be typing and dare I say - unedited photos. That's right, no straightening, brightening, coloring, or saturating. No teeth whitening, liquifying, cropping. Just good ol' fashioned, 2004-style photos.. and dare I say it, words and thoughts.

I've been quite lax in expressing myself creatively through words. I decorate cupcakes once a week and it exhausts me completely. I didn't read a single book for 3 weeks, which very nearly drove me crazy. It's amazing what a short flight of fantasy will do for my soul. Not to mention the fact that what I need is not a short flight, but in fact a long one, to somewhere warm. Unusually long cold fronts have been sweeping the South, making my 5 am wakeups everyday utterly hellish, and in other news damaging the orange crop in Florida. Now, I find myself about to embark on an adventure in training where I hang out in Baltimore, in its coldest season for nearly three weeks. Training from 8-5 then playtime? Thank God for having friends all over the world, including Baltimore.

I can no longer take the misuse of trite phrases at work!!! I welcome this break from the office. How does one person manage to misuse the most common of phrases? What am I talking about? The use of phrases like "hard and fast," but the opposite of what it actually means. I wanted to tie this to grammar, but there's no relationship. It's just a flagrant abuse of the English language and I can't even begin to correct it.

Raging at 6 am? Wouldn't you be if you were awake? In the place of photos, know that I am :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin