Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Art of the Personal Ad

I don't know when the last time I laughed harder was. It all started with a memory of something that was posted on the Daily Intel. Someone mentioned something about how everyone looks at the personal ads on Craigslist, because c'mon, they're free. I scratched my head and realized that I had never done that before, and I surely had the time.

Then my mind turned to another blog that basically does full time what I am about to do, skewer men who post ads about themselves in order to attract women. (Please read: Why Women Hate Men. It's written by a man!) Something about this blog is funny, yet hard to read for me. Probably because it's disgusting...... but anyway.

Craigslist personal ads, men for women.

This act alone surely puts the recess in recession.

Funnier than videos on youtube, this act can entertain for atleast 20 mins.

Here are a few things that apparently men think will attract a woman:

puppy speaking as man: if you put up a picture of a yorkshire terrier and speak as though you are a dog in need of a new mommy and need to see a hot pic of that mommy, women will swoon at the idea of petting your puppy before obvi wanting to pet YOUR BIG DOG.

man crouching next to a car, and IN AN ATTIC: yes, if you crouch sexily next to an automobile that is supposed to be yours, I will want you. If you are crouching with beams in the background, this is obviously more of a testament of your masculinity. How? I don't know but I'm definitely INTO IT.

man confessing he wants just a stress relief before finals: i just liked this one because it was damn honest. Grad school is damn hard.

cock: JESUS CHRIST. this image simultaneously burned my retinas and violated me but I guess the idea is to show you the goods upfront. Man = Proud.

420 friendly: this one makes me laugh. You learn something new everyday. Apparently this is a common terminology used in personal ads. Telling your prospective woman that you like marijuana. Sounds less like a personal ad and more of a plea to get free pot.

a picture of a motorcycle: no person, just a picture of a random motorcycle. Because that's your motorcycle? Or you like motorcycles? Motorcycles symbolize what? A ride on the wild side? Living life on the leather-edge? This leads me to picture of the beach: if given an option to post a photo on a personal site, you post a clip art photo of a beach? You must be truly Ugly.

what the fuck is a redbone?

Seriously where's my Michelle because I know I'm her Barak: there are so many things wrong with this statement. Please learn how to use punctuation and spell-check. This one is a little clever, but LEARN HOW TO SPELL OUR PRESIDENT'S FIRST NAME.

These combined with compelling questions such as, "Does your breast need attention?", "Do you color outside the lines?", and the typical, "Are you the one?" made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion.

I cannot stop laughing. Nothing is funnier than men's pleas for love.

__________
Below are the Catches of the Day in Atlanta! Take your pick, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin