Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowver it!

This morning, I woke before dawn to get on a plane to leave Baltimore after a week of inactivity due to blizzard conditions. Only to find out that snow was coming my way to Atlanta. Ironic? Apply the definition that I've just posted and get back to me! In honor of my extended weeks in Baltimore where I experienced the most frequent snowfall and the heaviest snowfall up to this point in me life, I am posting a few photos commemorating the beauty of huge amounts of snow.

 It first started snowing the weekend of January 30. The snowfall was sudden but did not inhibit any driving or transport. The following Monday, we arrived at work.

 

 By the Tuesday of that week, it was snowing again and the largest storm had yet to approach. We were given a half day off on the following Friday. Friday = SNOW FIGHT!


 
 
The snow was so soft and chunky. I could pick it up and pelt it, HARD. I ate it about 10x but the ground was covered by soft downy snow. After about 5 rounds followed of dancing, snow fighting, dancing, continued by more, more MORE snow pelting. I think I finally realized it was game over when I was rolling down a hill of snow/dirt and being kicked down that hill by one of my co-workers. 

The next morning, I awoke to thigh high snows!

 
I was wary.

 
The whiteness of the snow contrasted beautifully with the blue sky and the blue wall. 

 
Someone scraped an opening at a bus depot, I stuck my face in it. 

 
The Harbor was resplendent in its beauty.

 
 After a quick perusal , I've decided that the snow capped ship looks a lot more romantic than just a regular ship/boat. I took a long walk from my hotel to the Harbor which was 5 blocks away in the freezing cold, at sunset. It was exactly the right time to go!

Two days after the snow, it snowed again. This is Fell's Point in Baltimore, BEFORE the second big dump. I did not leave my hotel after it started snowing Tuesday afternoon. 

 
Hippo!

The road to the coast. This shot looks quite historical. I stand by my statement that Baltimore is the poor man's Boston. Ignore the signs of modern technology please!

 

People worked at the tops of the buildings to dump the snow off, as to protect the integrity of the buildings. These old historic buildings were not built to withstand 60 inches of snow on top. Snow is one heavy lady! 


 
Domo arigato, Mr. Yogato! SO CUTE.

 
 A street that has obviously not been touched by a snowplow!

I stayed indoors at my hotel from Tuesday until this morning when I left for my flight.

Today is Friday. I laughed when I looked out the window, and this is what I saw in my front lawn in Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin