Monday, February 15, 2010

Two rather non-traditional articles about the 43 Presidents of the USA

First, found via NYmag.com, an article by Nerve listing the "Top 43 Sexiest U.S. Presidents." Surprisingly, it's not Mr. Obama, nor is it JFK, that stud. I love #14, Zachary Taylor, a factor in his ranking being his nickname, "Old Rough and Ready." As a child memorizing the presidents, I never realized that these nicknames could take on a completely different meaning.

Meanwhile, I've just tried looking for a photo of him, Zachary Taylor, our 12th President and if you can't imagine what he looks like off the top of your head, which I doubt you can, unless by chance you've done your thesis for some reason on him, I don't know why you would... I would like to re-imagine him as this man:

 

because I think Gabriel Byrne is a dirty sexy man.  This is probably wrong in so many ways.... but doesn't he look rough and ready?

ONTO THE SECOND ARTICLE! The NYTimes recently ran a totally awesome article on Hair and Leadership called, Heads of State.




Slightly strange, but essentially take a read of both and I hope you've enjoyed the hair portraiture of the NYtimes and PENNY HOWELL JOLLY, a professor of art history at Skidmore College and the author of “Hair: Untangling a Social History."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin