Saturday, November 14, 2009

Everybody knows somebody...

According to the new Honda ad campaign, everybody knows somebody that LOVES a Honda... and universally that's how we can all be united. By love. Isn't it grand?


Too bad real life doesn't work that way. When I first saw this commercial, I thought about if I knew someone that loved their Honda. Hmmm, my cousin. Whoa, this commercial applies to me!

But, on second thought, I realized, she doesn't love her Honda at all! She OWNS a Honda, but she would definitely prefer to own another car entirely. Sadly, I realized that if possession and love meant the same thing, then this ad would be true, but since I'm sure any professed Honda lover would sooner LOVE a .. say.. Lexus, this ad has no hold. Unity - FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin