Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Notable City of Cincinnasti

No, I did not mis-type. This summer, I went to Cincinnati for a wedding. Truly, I hadn't considered going until about 1 week prior, but having gone, I can tell you that I learned a few things. There is a scenic bridge. The city is quaint and walkable. Kroger, Macy's, Inc., and Proctor and Gamble are all HQ'd here and it's a true American original. With that being said, I mostly enjoyed their Skyline Chili, which almost tastes Asian but was actually started by a Greek man. I would have to say, there were two most interesting things I discovered throughout my city walk through Cincin:

this: (it's a bench)


and these: I call these my fountain boys:


(Frederic)
and
(Dieter)


Yep, these two statues at Fountain Square are perhaps Grecian inspired boys with slithering serpents emerging from their loins. With water flowing steadily out. No bigs. The most hilarious part of this fountain is that it looks relatively new. WHAT city council saw this sketch and didn't see 5 men just rocking out with their cocks out in bronze form? WHAT council saw this and voted YES, they want this created for perpetuity?

LOVE it. Cincinnasti, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. haha, thanks for that. the fountain was actually built in 1871, and the surrounding area was "newed up" in 2006. they took the fountain down and put it back up in a position not far from where it had been initially.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin