Sunday, November 8, 2009

Inquiring minds want to know: Are Bert and Ernie gay?

But we'll never know because journalists are politely advised against asking, according to BBC. This year represents the 40th Anniversary of Sesame Street, a show that I wasn't completely obsessed with as a child. With that being said, even I wanted a Tickle me, Elmo. Remember THAT craze?

It always creeped me out that there were people operating the puppets that were Sesame Street. The puppets didn't creep me out, it was just the lack of recognition that these were puppets - that we weren't allowed to see the puppeteers. Are kids supposed to believe that Sesame Street is full of living furry beings? WHOA. Way unrealistic.

The BBC also mentions that people are told to remember that Elmo is supposed to be a 3 year old and to talk to him accordingly. I would like to meet the guy that is the man behind Elmo, his laugh is AWESOME here.



Obvi, Ricky Gervais has given no regard to the fact that Elmo's age here. "Do you know what necrophilia is?" Either that or this is the way that he talks to children. I love Ricky Gervais.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin